Website essentials: How to create a website for your business without spending a fortune, making your customers hate you, or killing each other.
- Don’t build a website before you know why you need a website
- Build an asset that lasts
- Register your business details on Google (understand how people will find you, and build your site accordingly)
- When considering your budget, don’t ask what you should spend – think about how much money you want your website to make you
- Know your audience and the point in the customer journey where they’ll need your website
- Ask yourself, if my website was only allowed to do one thing that my customer would benefit from, what would that be?
In this Power-Up episode, Brisbane’s Chief Digital Officer Cat Matson and Director of Strategy for The Content Division Kurt Sanders share top tips and tricks for building a website.
What we cover:
- Where to start when creating a website for your business
- Planning your content
- Choosing a platform – the pros and cons of website builders and content management systems
- DIY versus paying a professional