Having a website for your business is a must. If you don’t have a website in this day and age, you are missing out on so many opportunities. It’s how customers talk to you, it’s how new customers discover you, and it’s how you tell the world what you’re doing.
You’re actually doing your clientele a disservice if you don’t have one.
If you just read that and you don’t have a website, don’t panic. It’s not too hard to make a basic landing page that sums up what you’re all about.
You can easily set up basic sites on platforms such as Squarespace, WordPress, Instapage or Wix. There’s often a great range of templates to choose from so you’ll be looking schmick in no time.
Even if your product isn’t live yet (for example, you’re promoting an upcoming app launch) you can still create a beautiful page to build a presence and collect emails.
A good landing page needs to do a few key things:
- Clearly show who you are and what you do. It’s also a good idea to show photos of your product being used or what problem it solves.
- Be simple but attention grabbing.
- Show benefits of your offering and what makes you so great.
- Have social proof (“I’ll have what she’s having”).
- Have a clear call to action.
- Look great
Check out the landing page of SumoMe. These guys specialise in creating clean, crisp landing pages optimised for conversions.
When you scroll down, they tick literally every single box when it comes to making good landing pages.
For more examples check out Hubspot’s article 15 of the Best Landing Page Design Examples You Need to See.
Once your site is live, you want to make sure it’s optimised for search engines. Again – don’t freak out when you see that word. There’s a few simple tasks you can do to rank higher:
- Use the keywords you want to rank for in your website copy (all the text / headings etc.).
- Name your pages correctly.
- Have page descriptions.
- Create regular content.
- Have high quality and relevant content related to what you do.
- Have unique copy (don’t copy and paste!)
- Have backlinks.
- Set up your site with Google Webmaster Tools.
Check out Your go-to checklist to rank higher in Google on the Digital Brisbane blog for more about search engine optimisation.
With these tips in mind, you’re on your way to creating a simple, useful website.