DigitalBrisbane.com.au Terms and Conditions of Use
- Accepting the Terms of Service
- Modifications to these Terms and Conditions
DigitalBrisbane and Brisbane Marketing Pty Ltd (BM) reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these terms and conditions at any time by posting revised terms and conditions.
- Use of the Services
No individual under the age of eighteen (18) may use the Services or provide any information to DigitalBrisbane or BM or otherwise through the Services (including, for example, a name, address, telephone number, or email address). If you are under the age of 18 years, your parent or guardian must given their consent to your participation in the DigitalBrisbane blog.
Service Changes and Limitations
DigitalBrisbane and BM retain the right to create limits on and related to use of the Services in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice. DigitalBrisbane and BM may also impose limits on certain Services or aspects of those Services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. DigitalBrisbane and BM may change, suspend, or discontinue any or all of the Services at any time, including the availability of any product, feature, database, or Content (as defined below). DigitalBrisbane and BM may also suspend Accounts (as defined below) at any time, in its sole discretion.
Limitations on Automated Use
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services:
(a) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, or the computer or delivery systems of DigitalBrisbane or BM and/or its service providers; (b) probe, scan, or test any system or network (particularly for vulnerabilities), or otherwise attempt to breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (c) access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by DigitalBrisbane or BM (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with DigitalBrisbane or BM; (d) scrape the Services, and particularly scrape Content (as defined below) from the Services, without DigitalBrisbane’s or BM’s express prior written consent; (e) use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including without limitation by forging TCP-IP packet headers or e-mail headers; or (f) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any Subscriber, host or network, including, without limitation, by sending a virus to, spamming, or overloading the Services, or by scripted use of the Services in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
- Registration, URLs, and Security
As a condition to using certain of the Services, you may be required to create an account (an “Account”) and select a password and DigitalBrisbane or BM username, which will serve as a default URL of the form [username].digitalbrisbane.com.au (a “URL”).
You may also select new DigitalBrisbane or BM URLs for each blog you create.You should provide DigitalBrisbane or BM with accurate, complete, and updated registration information, particularly your e-mail address, and failure to do so may result in suspension of your Account.You agree that you shall not select or use as a URL a name of another person or entity with the intent to impersonate that person or entity or with the intent to otherwise cause confusion as to the origin or provenance of your Account. DigitalBrisbane or BM reserves the right to refuse registration of, cancel, or modify a URL in its sole discretion.
You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for the security of your Account, and you will notify DigitalBrisbane or BM immediately of any actual or suspected loss, theft, or unauthorised use of your Account or Account password.
- Content and Contributions to the blog
Definitions For purposes of these terms and conditions the term “Content” means a creative expression and includes, without limitation, video, audio, photographs, images, illustrations, animations, logos, tools, written posts, replies, and comments, information, data, text, software, scripts, executable files, graphics, and interactive features, any of which may be generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services;
Content posted to DigitalBrisbane.com.au
When posting comments to the DigitalBrisbane blog, you must make sure:
Your comments are relevant or on-topic
Your comments are not inflammatory, unreasonable or obscene
You are civil and respectful of others and their opinions (including not impersonating anyone and not posting someone’s personal information without their permission)
Your behaviour is in line with relevant laws.
If DigitalBrisbane or BM becomes aware of content that does not comply with these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to remove it. All comments will be published immediately – after they have gone through some automated checks to detect spam and offensive language. Comments with many links in them may be automatically held for moderation (links being a major part of most comment spam). Comments being held in the system are manually checked by a moderator to determine if the comment should be published, edited or deleted. The same manual process is applied to a published comment found to have breached these terms and conditions. If a comment is edited, we will include a reference so you can tell.
One of our key reasons for moderating is to prevent DigitalBrisbane from hosting spam comments. Keep this in mind when you are commenting, as off-topic comments or short comments with links may be confused with spam and deleted.
Our system includes a human verification step to deter spam bots: when you submit a comment, you are asked to include a user name and an email address.
You warrant that any material you provide to the DigitalBrisbane blog does not violate the copyright, trade mark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party.
Your licence to BM and DigitalBrisbane
You acknowledge and agree that your comments and the username that you include with your comment will be made publicly available.
You agree that you hereby license any material that you supply or communicate to the DigitalBrisbane blog on this website (www.digitalbrisbane.com.au) under a Creative Commons Attribution –3.0 Australia license. More information on this CC BY license is set out at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/
You consent to any act or omission by DigitalBrisbane or BM (including any individual or organisation engaged by DigitalBrisbane or BM) in relation to any of the material in which you are entitled to exercise moral rights and made available to DigitalBrisbane or BM via this DigitalBrisbane blog. An act or omission includes failing to attribute the material, falsely attributing authorship of the material and any editing, deleting, amending of the material, as part of posting and moderating your comments on the DigitalBrisbane blog that may affect your right of integrity as the author of the material. For the purpose of this term, material means work as defined by section 189 of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Copyright Brisbane Marketing Pty Ltd (BM) owns or licenses all content on this website and we assert our right to be recognised as the author of original material on this website. BM supports the sharing of information and the use of the website content for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under copyright legislation. However, you are not permitted to reproduce or reuse content on this website for commercial purposes.
- Disclaimer Brisbane Marketing Pty Ltd (BM) distributes the information on this website as a general reference source. This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than BM. The other websites are outside of BM’s control and links are provided for your convenience. Despite our best efforts, BM makes no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination. Brisbane Marketing Pty Ltd disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete.
- Exclusion of Liability and Indemnity
You are responsible for the Content of your comments. DigitalBrisbane does not accept any liability for the Content or accuracy of your message or any liability in respect of any material submitted by users of DigitalBrisbane blog and published by DigitalBrisbane and BM.
You agree to indemnity and hold harmless BM in full and permanently against any third party liability, claims, costs, expenses (including legal costs) loss or damage (including consequential loss) incurred by BM or DigitalBrisbane as a result of publishing any material you submit to us via the DigitalBrisbane blog.
DigitalBrisbane or BM may terminate or suspend your access to or ability to use any and all Services immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason or no reason, including but not limited to if you breach any of these terms or conditions. In particular, DigitalBrisbane or BM may immediately terminate or suspend Accounts that have been flagged for repeat copyright infringement.
Upon termination of your access to or ability to use a Service, including but not limited to suspension of your Account on a Service, your right to use or access that Service and any Content will immediately cease. All provisions of these terms and conditions which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, warranty disclaimers, and exclusion of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the Services shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such termination or limit any liability which you otherwise may have to DigitalBrisbane or BM or any third party.
- Legal Disputes
You, DigitalBrisbane and BM agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of these terms and conditions or the Services in accordance with this Section or as you, DigitalBrisbane and BM otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to litigation, we strongly encourage you to contact us directly to seek a resolution.
Law and Forum for Legal Disputes: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us must be resolved exclusively by a court located in Brisbane, Queensland, except as otherwise agreed by the parties. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Queensland for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
These terms and conditions, as modified from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between you, DigitalBrisbane and BM with respect to the use of the Site. These terms and condition replace all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the use of the Site and constitutes the entire and exclusive agreement between the parties. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided in these terms and conditions will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these terms and conditions will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
These terms and conditions are not assignable, transferable, or sublicensable by you except with DigitalBrisbane’s or BM’s prior written consent. DigitalBrisbane and BM may assign these terms and conditions in whole or in part at any time without your consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these terms and conditions and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind DigitalBrisbane and BM in any respect whatsoever.
- CCIQ Small Business Expo Competition
- Accepting the Terms of Service
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the competition conditions.
2. Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Prize: a) 1:1 CATalytic conversation session with Cat Matson, a Social Media Audit and 2 tickets to Interactive Minds – Marketing In a Connected World: What you need to know, June 2 b) The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. c) Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winners, other than those outlined in these terms and conditions, are the responsibility of the winners. Prize winners are themselves subject to the specific terms and conditions of the providers.
4. Competition period: The competition opens on 23 May 2015 and closes at 6:00pm on 24 May 2015.
5. How to enter: Complete the entry form and submit.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition a person must: a) Be a permanent resident of the State of Queensland b) Not be an employee or contracted staff of Brisbane Marketing, a sub- unit of administration of the Promoter; and c) Be over the age of 18 (proof of age may be required to receive prize) or have the consent of one of his or her parents or guardians to enter the competition.
7. Competition draw: The winners will be drawn at random. The decision shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into. The drawing of the prizes will be conducted at Brisbane Marketing at South Bank House, Stanley Street Plaza, South Bank, QLD 4101.
8. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email at 9:00am Monday 25 May 2015. If no reply email is received within two days the prize will be void.
9. Brisbane Marketing will email all correspondance on how to redeem the prize to the winner once they’ve been selected.
10. No Liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the prize.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or to cancel the competition at any time prior to the competition opening without further recourse to the entrants.
12. Entrants must fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on website. If you do not supply the information, your entry will be deemed invalid. You may only enter this competition once.
13. Force Majeure: If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right it its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.
14. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to receive email updates from Brisbane Marketing’s Digital Brisbane business unit.